Are you a frustrated owner, landlord or investor receiving excess water bills?
If you have an investment property, did you know as a landlord you are able to pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant? In order for a tenant to be charged for the water they use, the property must be water efficient if required and provide a water efficiency certificate.
All Plumbing and Gas Service provides Water Efficiency Certification Queensland service for Owners, Landlords, Real Estate Agents and Lessors.
Water charging as stated by the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority)
Property managers/owners are allowed to pass on the full cost of water consumption, provided:
- the rental property is individually metered (or water is delivered by vehicle), and
- the rental property is water efficient, and
- the tenancy agreement states the tenant must pay for water consumption
Rental properties are considered water efficient if certain water fixtures meet the standards listed below:
- The rental property is individually metered
- A maximum flow rate of nine liters per minute on internal cold taps and single mixer taps installed over hand basin, kitchen sink and laundry trough (excluding bathtub taps and taps for appliances).
- Shower heads have a maximum flow rate of nine liters a minute
- Toilets are dual flush function not exceeding 6.5 liters on a full flush and 3.5 on a half flush, and a maximum average flush volume of four liters (based on the average of one full flush and four half flushes)
Click here to find out more.
Call us today to find out how we can give you a detailed report to help make your investment/home water efficient.